how do you like ipad2 compared to first?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xelaetaks, Apr 21, 2011.

1. xelaetaks macrumors member

For anyone's that's had the new one awhile do you think it is significantly better?

i imagine the memory adds a lot to the browser experience at the least.

2. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

I pretty much get a near same experience out of both of them. We still have an iPad 1 in the house, and the only thing that reminds me that I have a new one is the size. The iPad 2 is a little faster, and game performance is better, but I really think productivity developers have not taken full advantage of the iPad 2 yet.

Once that happens, I think I will enjoy the iPad 2 a lot more than the 1st.

3. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

Multitasking is a lot better. I can minimize a game, open the web browser to look something up, then go back to my game without it reloading or force closing.

4. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I thought the first iPad can do that with the firmware that gave you multitasking? Anyhow, multitasking is a lot better with multitouch gesturing enabled. If you haven't enabled it, I recommend it.

As for the OP's question, the experience is the same for me. The camera is nice to have, but rarely use it. Also, I'm probably the only person here that liked the back case more on the first iPad. Just felt a lot more durable in my hands.

5. xelaetaks thread starter macrumors member

I hear that. If the iPad didn't have good resale value I would just wait for the third, but considering it can pretty much resell near its bought price i may end up getting an iPad 2. I used to have the first but sold it before the new one was announced and got a laptop.

Seems like the best feature is its faster processor and better memory which the 1st iPad probably shoulda had in the first place. I get the feeling iPads gonna step its game up a lot more with the third release :rolleyes:

6. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

While I really liked the first ipad, I find the ipad 2 to be better. It is faster, a bit lighter etc. I don't use the camera and consider it a waste of space. Also I have the same amount of light bleed as the first one and it is minor so haven't taken it back. Over all I really enjoy it but then I enjoyed the first as well!!

7. slicecom macrumors 68020

About the same to be honest. Not much of a difference, but a marked improvment.

8. Joey47 macrumors newbie

Besides the camera and the fraction of seconds of loading time and the size, nothing really..

9. Kobra macrumors regular

Kobra

It's all about the form factor to me. The iPad 2 is much more comfortable to hold over a period of time, it's lighter weight do make a difference. The original iPad had sharper edges that made it uncomfortable.

I don't realy notice the faster CPU, GPU and added RAM, but I guess its up to developers to make full use of it...

Camera...couldn't care less.

All in all, a worthy upgrade :)

10. Darth Squirrel macrumors newbie

Darth Squirrel

Overall better performance and a better handling through the lighter weight makes me love it :eek: