Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
I found the app to be very clean and better looking than Twitter. Around 70% of the accounts I follow on twitter are already on Threads within hours of launch. All I am waiting for is support for chronological/following view and I will jump ship.

What do you think?

JM91Six

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2019
They currently show basically everyone and anything. Probably until it reaches a point where there’s more users.

I don’t wanna see randoms on the timeline all the time. I would also like to search topics and stuff. But I understand that may not be what threads is for. It’s cool, definitely cleaner than twitter. But twitter is still my go to social

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
We can't even install it (officially) let alone use it in Europe see also this TechCrunch article.
I see Meta/Facebook is still hoarding data when checking the US App Store 'App Privacy' part:

Threads.png

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
They currently show basically everyone and anything. Probably until it reaches a point where there’s more users.

I don’t wanna see randoms on the timeline all the time. I would also like to search topics and stuff. But I understand that may not be what threads is for. It’s cool, definitely cleaner than twitter. But twitter is still my go to social
Their head already confirmed that chronological view is coming, which is what I am waiting for before I switch from Twitter. Most of the people I follow on Twitter are already on Threads.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Nice try Mark I'm not falling for your FOMO trap. Not signing up for an Instagram account just to use Threads, and I'm not giving you my data anymore

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.