How do you lock Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MoonageDaydream, Jan 24, 2017.

1. MoonageDaydream macrumors newbie

how can I lock my device manually without taking it off my wrist? There used to be an option to slide to lock if you press and held the power button. That's no longer there so how can I lock it. It's pretty dumb if the only way to lock the device is to take it off.

2. gsxr1000 Suspended

gsxr1000

--- Post Merged, Jan 24, 2017 ---
    Swipe up from bottom you will see the lock. Tap it

3. Julien, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017

Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Don't think this is what the OP is asking. You are referring to the water lock and the OP wants to (for some reason) lock their :apple:Watch and still wear it.

OP there isn't a way to fully lock the :apple:Watch while wearing it that I'm aware of. Apple replaced it with SOS. I guess that it seems like a unneeded/unused feature. Under what conditions do you want or feel the need to have your :apple:Watch locked and on your wrist?

4. avkam, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017

avkam macrumors member

Basic lock would be nice if you sleep with your watch. Water lock isn't very practical when you wake up before rest of the family.

Edit:
    >>OP is referring to a full lock since they state removing/lock as a reference.<<
    Oops. Yes, you're right.

5. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

OP is referring to a full lock since they state removing/lock as a reference.

6. RedGT macrumors member

RedGT

It's disappeared since the last update.....you were able to swipe up and select from there. Now it's gone

7. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502a

OriginalAppleGuy

If you turn off the Wrist Detection in General Settings it will reappear. In the mean time, if you like Wrist Detection so it will lock when you remove it and don't inadvertently leave it unlocked, use the water drop to lock the screen.

8. RedGT macrumors member

RedGT

What if your Apple Watch isn't the waterproof version?

9. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502a

OriginalAppleGuy

Ugh, you're right. Only works on Series 2. Okay, how about this.......temporarily remove the watch from your wrist so it locks. It will stay that way until you unlock it. That's the only thing I can come up with at this point.