Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quack_attack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2015
I'm using an app with a window that has no option to maximize or fullscreen (no green in the upper left corner stoplight), so to make it larger I'm using the zoom feature in accessibility. But as I use it, my zoom window moves around periodically as my mouse hits the edge of the screen. I know you can change it in accessibility to move constantly with the pointer or to only move when it hits the edge of the screen, but I don't want it to move at all! I want the portion of my window that I zoomed to stay the same regardless of pointer movement. Any ideas?
I've also tried RightZoom and a few programs like that to accomplish my goal, but with no success. and FYI I'm still running 10.8.5 (I know, heckle me).

OLDCODGER

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
Lucky Country
I'm using an app with a window that has no option to maximize or fullscreen (no green in the upper left corner stoplight), so to make it larger I'm using the zoom feature in accessibility. But as I use it, my zoom window moves around periodically as my mouse hits the edge of the screen. I know you can change it in accessibility to move constantly with the pointer or to only move when it hits the edge of the screen, but I don't want it to move at all! I want the portion of my window that I zoomed to stay the same regardless of pointer movement. Any ideas?
I've also tried RightZoom and a few programs like that to accomplish my goal, but with no success. and FYI I'm still running 10.8.5 (I know, heckle me).

Since you are actually zooming the Desktop - not just the App window, you are going to get this behaviour.

Can you just drag the bottom-right corner to enlarge the window?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.