How do you make a caller's name show up?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tpcollins, Jan 18, 2015.

1. tpcollins macrumors member

We have caller ID on both our home phone and cable tv service. When my wife or I call home, our phone number shows up on the tv screen. When my brother-in-law calls, his entire name shows up. How is this set up? Thanks.

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

It depends on who is providing your phone service. It is probably possible on their web page.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. tpcollins thread starter macrumors member

Because on MY iPhone 5S, it comes up with my cell number. On my brother-in-law' iPhone 4S it comes with his name If you're so damn smart then can you tell me why?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why don't you call your cable and home phone provider for details about their caller ID service and how or why names and numbers are displayed from some carriers on your tv.
    Again, this has nothing to do with the iPhone or iPhone tips and troubleshooting. .

6. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

The CNAM service is provided by his cell phone service provider. I couldn't believe how hard it was to get Verizon to configure my line for 'firstname lastname' instead of 'lastname firstname'.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not every carrier supports that caller ID name feature displayed.
    And there's nothing to edit or configure on the iPhone that would change that.

8. tpcollins thread starter macrumors member

We both have the same Verizon cell phone service and the same Comcast triple play with caller ID. I'll call and see why the difference.

9. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

You can login to My Verizon to setup the caller name feature for your phone.