How do you make Boot Camp partition in NTFS?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lordking65, Nov 15, 2010.

1. lordking65 macrumors regular

Im trying to Install Windows 7 on my macbook pro (mid-2009) and during the beginning of installation, it says that windows 7 cannot install on the boot camp partition because its not NTFS. So i had to cancel instation.

Anyone know how to Make boot camp assistant partition in NTFS? or in any way so i can install windows 7?

Thanks

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You have to format it using the Windows 7 Install Disc. Make sure you format the correct partition

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

During installation, you just have to format the partition to NTFS in the windows installer, just make sure it's the right one.

4. lordking65 thread starter macrumors regular

Really? I never got an option to format any partitions during installation.

It went straight to "choose partition to install windows 7" that was the first thing that popped up

Am I missing something?

5. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

Yes, you are missing something. When Windows shows you the available disk drives and partitions, select the proper partition and choose from the extended options to format it.

Windows does not take you by the hand here on purpose - formatting a disk is first and foremost a destructive action, that's why the installer is not making it too easy to wipe out a hard disk by accident. At this point, you really are expected to know what you're doing.