Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xleedaniel, Jun 10, 2009.
can someone teach me how to make free ringtones for the iphone 3g
I use Garage Band! It is awesome.
I just read the info on the page you linked above and one of the requirements is a Mac.
Does GarageBand work on a pc (Vista)?
Sorry, GarageBand is Mac only software. Here is how to create an iPhone ringtone for a PC:
Im not sure if itoner works with pc put is so it works great.
1. Click on iTunes Library
2. Click the song youd like to edit
3. Locate the start and end times of the selection you want. To do this, move the iTunes playback head (at the top of iTunes) to the start of the selection and note the start time. Then move the playback head to the end of the selection and note the end (stop) time.
4. Click on File Get Info Options
5. Click on Start Time and enter the start time you noted
6. Click on Stop Time and enter the end time you noted
7. Click on OK
8. Click on iTunes Preferences Importing
9. In Import Using, click on AAC Encoder
10. Click on OK
11. Click on iTunes Advanced Convert Selection to AAC
12. Right click the new AAC track and choose to find in on your computer
13. Rename the new AAC track as a .m4r
14. Double click the new .m4r which will open up into the ringtones section of iTunes
15. Sync new ringtone to iphone
Or go to "audiko.net"
Where you can choose from ringtones available on the site or upload your own music and make ringtones and download back to your PC.
I use myxer.com. It's has tons of free ringtones created by other users. Of you don't see anything you like, you can upload a mp3 file and make your own.
Is there any limit as to how long that selection can be?
Could I use a whole song as ringtone?
40 seconds if you use the Garageband method.
i tried what you said steve but it still doesn't work it just goes to the library
iringer.net is the BEST
Is there a site that has just a standard normal ring? That's all I want is just a normal ring
on a mac? GARAGEBAND...convert to ringtone! i loooove it!
edit: next time i will look ^ the thread...sorry didnt see everyone already answered.
Thats what I use, it is amazing, highly recommended!