How do you make mbp ask for password for everything?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Delighted, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Delighted macrumors 6502

Delighted

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

At school, when I am using the apple computers and I try to change anything like download a browser(i prefer chrome) it ask for admin password or if I try to play around by trying to log onto my calendar using iCal it also ask for password. What kind of sorcery is this? I know how to add password to log in screen, My macbook ask me before installing anything but how does my school password lock me from downloading chrome and also logging into my calendar through ical?

I ask this not to bypass my schools computer but rather I want to be able to add this kind of security to my own mbp. Anyone know how I can add these security features on my macbook pro?

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

It blocks you from installing Chrome to the top-level Applications folder. I would just drag it to my desktop in your circumstances.

It prevents viruses from being able to just take over your system without you allowing it...