how do you make text fadein in idvd ?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by dave12345, Dec 17, 2008.

1. dave12345 macrumors regular

Hi guys - I want to add some text to my menu in idvd and make it fade in at the intro - any idea how to do this ? the text that is already there from the theme I selected fades in but I can't work out how to do this for a text object that i've added myself...

any help is much appreciated!

Cheers

2. dave12345 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

I don't know off the top of my head, but I'll try it out when I get home and see whether I can figure it out.

Andrew.

4. dave12345 thread starter macrumors regular

5. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

mperkins37

Seems like text fade-ins should be done in Imovie.

6. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

I've just tried adding text and making it fade in using the first theme on the list in iDVD '08.

If you choose "Add Title Menu Button" instead of "Add Text" from the Project menu, then you can control-click the text, choose Show Inspector Window, then select fade from the Transition pull-down menu. No parameters appear to be on offer, i.e. fade in-point and duration.

For the life of Mike I cannot see how to do this if you just "Add Text" . . .

EDIT:Wait a minute. The transition setting determines what takes place between clicking / selecting the menu button and the start of the event it's linked to. Back to the drawing board . . .

Yup. The question was about how to make iDVD menu text fade in.

7. dave12345 thread starter macrumors regular