How do you make the White MacBook better at gaming?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by o0samotech0o, Feb 3, 2009.

1. o0samotech0o macrumors regular

well, gaming is alright on my 2.0Ghz MacBook, with 4GB RAM, but i was wondering is there anyway to make my FPS go that lil bit higher but editing something, or a possible hardware upgrade. I relise you cannot really update the 128MB VRAM in the MacBook, but it would be good if you could.

on Urban Terror, (A free Mac Online Shooter, very good, check it out) i get around 20-40, sometimes even 60 on UK servers.

Any Suggestions? :confused:

-Sam :apple::apple::apple:

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

There's nothing you can do unfortunately. The intel integrated graphics chip isn't good for games and can't be changed.

The 9400M is quite a bit better but still can't match the 9600 from the new MacBook Pros nor the old 8600.

3. o0samotech0o thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah. Guess i'll just have to get an Xbox 360, but do you reckon they'll release new one anytime this year?

-Sam

4. svndmvn Guest

there's one thread about overclocking the Air's 9400M, it depends if your macbook is the latest white one.
    Either way, if whatever you do uses all your ram, you could probably bump that up to 6 or 8. 6, I guess, if it's the latest machine, and 8 if it's the 2008 machine.

5. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Get a Griffin Elevator, it improves cooling, speeding up your MacBook.

6. 226896 Guest

I doubt having your Macbook raised a couple inches will do anything to improve gaming performance...

7. whitebook macrumors regular

lol, yeh thatll work a treat, jeez..

8. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Yes! You will see a significant decrease of about 1 or 2 degrees (C)! Your gaming will be great! :rolleyes:

9. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You don't use your MacBook for gaming and build a PC. That's what I did.

10. o0samotech0o thread starter macrumors regular

O already have a griffin laptop elevator, so my mac is level with my monitor. But jt does not make a difference to gaming, but quite significantly the heat

Mines the late 2007 model :/