How do you make your battery last longer?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wildwizard99200, Dec 25, 2007.

1. wildwizard99200 macrumors member

Hello, I just received my Macbook yesterday and I was curious as to how members of the community make their battery last as long as possible

I know the Apple website says the battery life is 5(or 6?) hours so I was curious as to if anyone actually got that much life out of a single charge.

Thanks!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I get around 4 hours off of my MacBook when I just web browse.

I dim the screen to one bar, turn Bluetooth off, and set Energy Saver to Best Battery Life.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Turning off Airport, Bluetooth and lowering the brightness all increase the battery life :)

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Turn the brightness down to the lowest level that you can deal with. Assuming that you're not using Bluetooth, turn that off. If you're not online, turn Airport off. After you do these things, you'll find that the life you get out of the battery will depend on what you are doing. For instance, typing a paper in Pages will get you more time off of the battery than burning DVDs or doing extreme video editing.

5. bmms8 macrumors 68020

turning off the remote infrared port also helps. i think its IR but i am not sure, but whatever it is, turning it off will help.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian