How do you manage your music between iOS devices?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sap12690, Jun 6, 2011.

1. sap12690 macrumors 6502

How do you manage all your music between your devices? Do you have separate libraries? How do you do? I have an iPod classic, iPhone and iPad.

2. qacjared macrumors regular

You wait for iCloud and then you won't have to.

Right now, you sync different devices off one library. I.e. Right now I sync my iPod with iTunes on my main account and I sync my iPad off the same library and user account.

3. sap12690 thread starter macrumors 6502

Do Any of you have seperate libraries for each? Same account but different libraries?

4. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I have one large library and a bunch of playlists. For each device I select which playlists I want on them in iTunes and sync. Pretty straight forward.

5. sap12690 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Are you still able to create playlists on your iPhone?

6. qacjared macrumors regular

Absolutely, It all just works.

7. sap12690 thread starter macrumors 6502

:confused:

8. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Yes you can easily create one on the phone. Select Playlist at the bottom then at the top under Genius Playlist select "Add playlist" name it then start selecting songs.

9. DefBref macrumors 6502

Yes you can create a playlist on the iphone or ipad, which is a subset of a playlist it syncs to.

This is one of the whole points of playlists, I have seven setup just for different devices, then others which are for genre. mood etc.

I really have no idea why you went with seperate libraries, that must be a pain to keep track of.

10. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I have one account and one library. However I use playlists to manage my music. My iPod touch syncs with my entire music library and limited videos. My iPad syncs a small playlist and all my videos. When I get my iPhone I'll create another playlist with limited songs to go on there.

11. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I just sync all my devices with my one macbook air, but it's quite tedious and I'm looking forward to icloud.

12. darngooddesign macrumors G3

So says future-Dmunjal.

13. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Music.google.com via Safari.

No wait, it doesn't work. For some reason Safari on the iPad/iPod Touch is the only web browser on any device I have that DOESN'T play the music on Google Music even though the login works, the page renders fine, and a clicked on song appears to be playing. Almost as if Apple intentionally keeps it from working what with iCloud in the works. Hmmmmm.

14. NEvolution macrumors regular

I have all my music on my server at home (on the other side of the world) and I have it stream to all my devices using Audiogalaxy.

Storing music on my laptop and syncing isn't an option for me as my SSD is only 60GB. So all my media is either streamed online or directly from my server.

15. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I just have my library pointed to a folder shared to all my computers. Then I create a playlist for each persons iOS device. Works well.

Matt's iPad
    Lauren's iPod
    Etc.