How do you migrate all contacts to iCloud?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Boob, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Boob macrumors member

Whenever I do an iCloud backup, it only saves a few of my contacts. How do I get all my contacts into an iCloud backup?

2. KaigeG macrumors newbie

Sign into iCloud on the device, and the contacts should sync automatically. If this doesn't happen, you may have to go into iCloud settings and manually turn on Contacts sync. Then go to Contacts, tap the REFRESH icon, and syncing should begin. You can check if they've synced by visiting iCloud.com and checking the Contacts icon.

3. Boob thread starter macrumors member

This didn't work. I still only have 11 contacts in iCloud instead of the 90 in total I should have.

All 90 of my contacts are stored on my Gmail account but even when I turn backups for the mail app on, iCloud doesn't save the contacts.

Basically I'm trying to figure out how to get my contacts from Gmail to iCloud and saved in backups.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Contacts don't sync from one account to another. Here's one guide to going from Google to iCloud. Haven't used it myself so I can't vouch for it. There are probably others as well that you can refer to.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1253546

5. Boob thread starter macrumors member

Think I'll try this. Thx.