?How do you move a video from iphoto to imovie?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bigbellyDad, May 31, 2008.

1. bigbellyDad macrumors newbie

bigbellyDad

I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-P200 and every time I download it to my Macbook Pro the pictures and the video go to iphoto. I need help moving the videos to imovie so that I can edit my videos and combine them into nice long family movies that can be burned to DVD and shared on the TV. Obviously I have never done video editing before but am eager to begin. Please help.:apple:

2. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

Any videos in iPhoto can be selected and dragged from iPhoto to the desktop and it will "Export" a copy to the desktop (or to Finder or wherever you want).

Then you can launch iMovie and Import Movie from there.

Hope this helps :)

3. waynel macrumors newbie

I am a rank amateur at this, so bear with me. I use a Nikon Coolpix camera and have no trouble downloading photos. But on the one occasion I tried to download a short video, it wound up on my desktop as an "AVI" and I can't do anything with it. So, how do I avoid that problem in future? I'd like to be able to download short videos and share with friends via e-mail.

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Isn't there a button to push that shows all the video clips you have in iphoto available to use in a project while using imovie. I'm at work now and can't google for that long but I think you can do this.

5. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Disable automatically import photos and videos when a camera is attached in iPhoto.

6. tivoboy macrumors 68030

media browser

I just use the media browser, brings everything in nicely.