how do you move your name?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Shadowspirit6, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Shadowspirit6 macrumors regular

when i mean name i mean your Account name. Usually your name will appear directly above the Macintosh HD logo, but mine is kinda farther away from the logo. I find it annoying me for a weird reason( i dont know why)..is it possible to move wheer you name is at?

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

You mean the fast user switching thingy in the menu? Hold down the apple key and you can drag most menu items around (but not the Spotlight icon or some non-Apple ones).

Careful not to drag things out of the menu bar though, or they'll poof into nothingness and then you'll have to figure out what system pref needs to be boinked, or what file needs to be run, to put it back.

3. mattthemutt macrumors regular

mattthemutt

If your name is on the Finder bar, you have Fast User switching enabled (I think), and it should be above the Macintosh HD. As far as I know, you can't move it.

EDIT: Wow! I learned something today. :p

4. Shadowspirit6 thread starter macrumors regular

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If it should go Poof someday, what you do is this:

System Prefs -> Accounts -> Login Options -> Enable Fast User Switching (checked) -> View As: Name (or short name, if you wish). You have three options, as you can see -- to see your full name, your short name, or to see just the silhouette icon. :)

6. Shadowspirit6 thread starter macrumors regular