How do you open frostwire on new mac pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by varislost555, Jun 23, 2012.

1. varislost555 macrumors newbie

I recently downloaded frostwire to the brand new mac pro, the icon bounces, but doesnt open or anything, what do i do to open it?

2. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

frostwire don't work on OSX since like, 3 years ago.

who the heck uses frostwire/limewire in 2012 anyway??

3. codymac macrumors 6502

Users transitioning from Hotline?
    :)

4. gpzjock macrumors 6502a

First you need a Delorean and some weapons grade Plutonium, then you need to phone up Micheal J Fox and ask him if he still has Christopher Lloyd's number. :)

5. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

6. gpzjock macrumors 6502a

After LimeWire was closed down on 26 October 2010 (LimeWire was under a court injunction to stop them from distributing and developing P2P software) FrostWire 4 became increasingly popular as it was almost identical to LimeWire and had similar features. After version 5 FrostWire can only download torrents, those using the Gnutella network either have to use version 4, or switch to another client altogether.

Under the current climate of pirate bashing, folks wanting to P2P freely may still be wanting the Delorean to avoid prosecution in the future.

7. Phildo, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012

Phildo macrumors member

Phildo

Ah, the good old days. Looking for something was the thrill of the chase.

Wheeling and dealing to get accounts, and the joys of getting 4k/second on a 33.6 or 56k modem (ie 17 Mb per hour was the best you could get).

8. jabbawok macrumors regular

jabbawok

Requesting files of bots in IRC. Now those were the days. Back then I'd download just about anything for kicks and giggles. When I say back then, I mean like 1994..