How do you organize emails ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by silvetti, Jul 10, 2017.

?

How do you organize emails ?

1. Folders

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Flags

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. None, I just use search

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

Hi,

I currently use folders system for organize my iCloud emails (on Mail for OSX, Mail for iPhone and iCloud.com Mail). Problem with this system is the VIP feature doesn't really work as VIP folder only shows mails from VIPs which are in the inbox.

So I was wondering how do you guys organize your emails, if you keep all in inbox and just use search or use folders or what implementation do you use ?

Cheers!

2. MC6800 macrumors regular

I use all of the above, including search.

If you'd like incoming VIP mail to be filed automatically, you can create a folder for it and a corresponding iCloud-mail rule (gear icon, lower left) to move it there. Though I believe you'd have to have a separate rule for each VIP contact.

3. jojoba, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017

jojoba macrumors 68000

I also use all of the above, plus tags.

On my mac use MailMate which is a very flexible app that makes it easy to create smart groups, use tags etc: https://freron.com

4. Open Casket, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017

Open Casket macrumors member

Open Casket

Leave them in my inbox with labels when they still need a reply or action. Folders after that.
    I only use Gmail though:)

5. akash.nu macrumors 68000

akash.nu

I just use the default client on mac and iOS devices & only care to file important emails. Otherwise it's all in the inbox and I just use search which is pretty good for my usage.

6. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

I read them, I reply to them and then I delete them... or sometimes I just go right to delete. I keep a pretty tidy ship!

7. Fishrrman macrumors G3

I keep older emails that I want to retain in folders I create within Mail.app for organization. That's enough for me.

No "flags" at all.