All iPads How do you organize your Apps?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Molson1020, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Molson1020 macrumors regular

So I just bought my first iPad (a 4th gen), and I absolutely love it.

But I'm torn. And this may seem stupid, but I can't figure out what I like better. Apps in category folders (much more boring looking) or all my apps alphabetized (harder to navigate, but prettier).

So how do you organize your apps?

2. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

search for the thread "Post your non jailbroken homescreen" theres a whole bunch and that should give you an idea

3. Molson1020 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not seeing it :(

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I group certain apps together in a folder. I have a folder of games, news, utilities. Other apps, I just stick on the home screen. I try and have the apps and folders I use most on my first home screen.

5. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Haphazardly...

6. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

I alphabetize mine. Much more convenient than folders if you ask me. I keep all the Apple apps on the home screen and the rest on the second page going forward.

7. dkersten macrumors 6502a

I put most of the stock apps (except that stupid Newstand app, grrr) in a folder labeled "Apple Crap" and throw it as far from the beginning as possible. The other apps are organized by when they were downloaded

8. imlovinit, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1240652&highlight=non+jailbroken+homescreen

I don't use too many apps, I hate having too many apps especially ones that just end up being used for a moment then never again. I really like a minimalistic look. So with what little apps I have that could take up 1 and half pages, I like to keep my 6 most used apps on the dock, keep the camera, settings, and that annoying newsstand out, and then put the rest in 3 folders Productivity, Entertainment, and Others which mainly consists of a few games and a couple of randoms.

9. Bozley0621 macrumors 6502

I have only the iPod on the first page so that I am able to see my background picture. The second page is 9 apps that use several times a day: calendar, contacts, camera, calculator, notes, clock, a password app, and days until countdown app. On the third page, I have folders according to category: photo, social, news, exercise, shopping, video, video games, music, board games, travel, navigation, health, finance, and productivity. The fourth page is where the misfits go: stock, Newsstand, settings, iBooks, Game Center, and Passbook.

10. dancj macrumors 6502

I have my most commonly used apps on the first page - carefully arranged so that similar apps are bunched together in both portrait and landscape.

My second page is full of various categorised folders for non-game apps

My third page is full of different categorised game folders.

My fourth page is untried apps - also in folders.