Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lsatblu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Hi guys,

I had over a 100 pictures stored to my camera roll. I then added a picture to my phone by syncing a folder to my phone via itunes. This created a new section on my iPhone called Photo Library.

I then wanted to back up all my pictures onto my mac and only put select ones back onto my iPhone. When I put them back onto the iPhone they all went into the Photo Library. That was fine..

But a friend sent me a picture and I saved it. It saved to the Camera Roll. I feel like this is such a pain because if I want to quickly show my pictures to people I have to open Photo Library for any pictures I put on the phone or open the Camer Roll to see any pictures I took or downloaded.

Is there any simple way to keep them all in one place?

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
whenever i do an itunes sync s i also do an iphoto sync and erase the camera roll, i put the pics in an event and sync the event through itunes with the rest, keeps things tidy and makes sure i dont loose ****.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
whenever i do an itunes sync s i also do an iphoto sync and erase the camera roll, i put the pics in an event and sync the event through itunes with the rest, keeps things tidy and makes sure i dont loose ****.

Yes, import your photos and clear the camera roll EVERY time you sync.

Use whatever photo-management program you normally use to keep stuff organized and sync stuff back to the iPhone that way.

Trying to use the camera roll as a management system will eventually drive you crazy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.