How do you, personally, manage your LTE data?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WhySoSerious, Mar 30, 2012.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

My question to those with the LTE iPads (or 3G iPad 2), how do you personally manage your data subscription?

Do you like to order your data, then the very next day, go into your account and click "Cancel Later" to prevent the auto-renew, or

Do you like to order your data and leave your account active to auto-renew every 30 days so you contantly have data on your iPad?

Myself, I find that I like to have my account just sit on auto-renew and I constantly have my LTE charged and readily available without having to worry about letting my SIM go dead or go through any sign-up process.

2. drir1990 macrumors member

I just let it auto renew. Same as I did with my iPad 2. I want data always available so I don't want to worry about it running out and then having to manually renew it when I need it.

3. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

I leave it at auto renew. That way I don't have to remember to log back in and manually add more data to my plan.

4. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

This. I allowed my data plan to auto-renew on my 2 and now I do the same on my new iPad. Prevents the hassle of having to re-sign up when you need it.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Since I only use cellular data when I travel (infrequently) I cancel shortly after I activate it. I don't need it to auto-renew if I'm around wifi all day at home.

6. sblanford macrumors member

I'm on the unlimited plan so I have it set to auto renew. Steaming movies with a 4G LTE connection is awesome!

7. tivoboy macrumors 68030

verizon cancels accounts

when I unsub'd my LTE ipad this am, the verizon page on the ipad said, if I cancelled renewal after five months the account would be DELETED. I have heard that if one leaves it closed for that long, one has to BUY a new SIM. Is that correct?

8. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I leave it on auto-renew, but I also turn off cellular data / LTE when I'm at home or in a wifi zone. No wifi at work, so I have LTE on all day.

9. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

I just let it renew each month. I don't like to use the wifi network when I am at work so I leave on the LTE pretty much all of the time when I am not at home.

10. big samm macrumors 65816

I have 10gb of data, that's more than enough for my use.