How do you play games online

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Aloush, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Aloush macrumors member

I used to play allot of older game on my PC online using a program called Garena.
    I got my Mac 2 months ago and have been recently searching for a way toi play games online, I found something called GameRanger which seems nice.
    I was just wondering how many people on MR uses GameRanger.
    Another question is do you know anything else which will allow me to play games mainly warcraft3 and age of empires 2 online with windows users while I am on the Mac.

Thanks

2. davelanger macrumors 6502a

Steam is on the mac now.

3. Aloush thread starter macrumors member

Well that was a useless response.
    If you read my post you would see I stated the games age of empires 2 and warcraft 3.
    Both which are not on steam.

4. StopSign24 macrumors regular

You can download Warcraft 3 from the new battle.net site. Just register an account an enter your CD-key.

Pretty much all games on Mac are cross platform with Windows, so there's no need to worry about not being able to play with Windows users.

5. BashStreetYouth macrumors member

When you use the word 'mainly', that does not indicate AoE2 and W3 ONLY. It's pretty clear who's useless around here.

6. davelanger macrumors 6502a

You said how do you play games online, it was a general question then you gave a few examples. You should have asked just how to play those two games online. You even said in your OP and another question, then stated those games. So I thought you were asking two different questions, I was answering your first question.

I was only trying to help. Next time I will pass

7. MikieMcBikie macrumors regular

OP is confused about life....

just to make it relevant SC2 is crossplatform, and i like it alot :p