How do you play your pics?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ambientdaw, Jun 15, 2017.

1. ambientdaw macrumors regular

ambientdaw

For years I have been dumbfounded how wild-wild-west the screensavers are on my Macs. Shuffle has acted buggy on every Mac I've owned and every OS. It will often choose a couple dozen from my 1000 pic album and just repeat them. Slideshow has no control over duration. Searching for solutions or 3rd-party apps to do the job better only shows that I am the only person in the world who has ever wanted to see and control the images I have collected or made.

Certainly this is not true. My perception must be skewed. Any recommendations/solutions? I did see one article that had you messing around in Terminal to change the slideshow duration, but there must be an easier solution.

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

Create a folder with the images you want then set it as your screensaver. What am I missing?

3. ambientdaw thread starter macrumors regular

ambientdaw

1 - you cannot adjust the duration of time that each image is visible
    2 - the shuffle algorithm has been buggy since the dawn of time and will never play all the pictures, just a few.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 15, 2017 ---
    Oooooooppssss , sorry ! This should probably be in the MAC OS forum. Mods?

4. ambientdaw thread starter macrumors regular

ambientdaw

Well $40 for MacX Video Convertor Pro, just to have Slide Time Duration. Lol. I should check iMovie to see if it has slideshow. Come on Apple!

5. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk