How do you post pics here?

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Can anyone tell me how to post pictures here?

say if I have a JPEG on my desktop called image01 for instance, how do I upload it using the insert picture button- what do I type in?

Thanks,
Eric

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
You have to use the attachment section at the bottom of the posting window to post a picture from your hard drive. If you want to display it inline in the post, like this:

\

Using the IMG tags, then the picture has to be hosted on a website somewhere.

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
There are size limitations to an attached file
Otherwise you can host it, say on your .mac account :) and use

If you need step by step, just ask and we will walk you through it

Woof, Woof – Dawg

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
wwooden said:
Oh man, what a great avatar MacNut. I really need to spend some time and make a good Family Guy Avatar for myself.
You can find them all over the net.

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
MacDawg said:
There are size limitations to an attached file
Otherwise you can host it, say on your .mac account :) and use

If you need step by step, just ask and we will walk you through it

Woof, Woof – Dawg
PLEASE!! (if anyone is still reading this thread!!) What do you put inside the
??

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Gil_Grissom said:
PLEASE!! (if anyone is still reading this thread!!) What do you put inside the
??
The web address from the picture you want to use.

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
New York, NY
I figured that part out already.... the thing I got troubles with is changing the resolution of a pic in iPhoto. The current res. is like 2200 by 1400, but I want it smaller...... Anyone know how to do this?

I got iPhoto 4.0.3 on 10.4.2........

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
Jedi128 said:
I figured that part out already.... the thing I got troubles with is changing the resolution of a pic in iPhoto. The current res. is like 2200 by 1400, but I want it smaller...... Anyone know how to do this?

I got iPhoto 4.0.3 on 10.4.2........

well im on iphoto 5 but im pretty sure not much has changed.. otehr than another export tab which you wont need for this anywase...

ok so find your photo in iphoto then click File->Export (in iphoto 5 which i have it is under Share--> Export but i think it was under File -> export in iPhoto 4)

ok so now an export dialogue will open up with three tabs at the top. click the one that says File Export, it should be the active one by default anywase.

Then it will say Images

Format: Original (or you can change to jpg or png for the web if they arent already )

then under size.. there are two radio buttons. one says Full Size images
the other says
Scale images no larfer than:

click that radio button type in a new width or hieght for your image it should preserve the aspect ratio for you automatically. click the export button and choose where you want to save it..

i think thats about it.. if you have any more questions let me know

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
rock6079 said:
i think thats about it.. if you have any more questions let me know
Thanks very much! That helped me a lot too! I have iPhoto 5 and that seemed to do the trick nicely!! Can get confusing about whether the width or the height will be changed to keep the aspect ratio when you change the sizes and get a dimension wrong!