How do you "Print Screen" on a MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Joemero, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Joemero macrumors regular

I'm trying to copy paste a web image to a word doc, and can't find the "prt scrn" button anywhere lol...can't find the "end" key either. Still a newbie...appreciate any help I can get! :)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The best I've come up with is command+shift+3 for the whole screen or command+shirt+4 for a selection.

3. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    :apple:-Shift-4
    will allow you to cut sections of the screen, there is another command for the whole screen but this one does either. ;) :)

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

To copy a screenshot to the clipboard: Command+Shift+Control+3

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

6. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Do you mean how to take a screenshot? If that is what you are asking then the key combo is Command+Shift+4, then click and drag over the area you want the screenshot to be of and then release, the image will be saved to the desktop. If you just want one window then after clicking Command+Shift+4 click the space bar and move the mouse over the window you want the image of and then click.

7. donuttakedonuts macrumors regular

End, I believe, is the button on windows you press to start the computer, right?

On a mac, end is fn + left arrow, except on the alunimum keyboards, which have a normal num keypad and those 6 keys above the arrow keys like page up, page down and stuff.

8. LouisBlack macrumors 6502

The built in application 'Grab' gives you a few extra options when taking screenshots including timed capture and capturing just one window.