How do you protect the back of your iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kchika, Aug 28, 2010.

1. kchika macrumors member

I have the Power Support Anti-Glare as my screen protector on the front of my iPad and a GelaSkin on the back, which works out extremely well.

Now I plan on getting the SGP Oleophobic as my screen protector, because I just don't want to reduce the clarity of the retina display. I'm however still figuring out what I should get for the back. I prefer to hold the phone naked so I don't really use cases. I'm debating whether I should get another GelaSkin or (insert your suggestion here)? While I'd like to reduce fingerprints as much as possible, I'd like to keep the feel of the glass as well... can anyone please recommend a solution?

Many thanks in advance,
    kchika

2. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

PhantomSkinz Matte.
    Adds a grippy surface to the back and looks incredible.
    [​IMG]

3. Ever34 macrumors regular

+1 on the phantom skins

FYI I threw out the Oleo and installed their Ultra crystal. After a couple weeks you can't even clean Oleo. Got fed up and chucked it.

4. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB, JB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I had a Wrapsol matte on mine (twice), the wood decal from Lucky Labs, and the clear protector from Power Support. Now, it's naked. I figure 1) it's just a phone, so who cares if it gets a little scratched 2) I never actually look at the back of the phone, so again who cares if it gets a little scratched, and 3) it's very easy to replace the back glass panel if I ever want to to, so whatever. ;)

5. Blinded macrumors 6502

I started out with the Wrapsol Original, which has a matte finish.

[​IMG]

I then switched over to the Power Support once those became available.

[​IMG]

I've always been a fan of Power Support, but if fingerprints are a concern you'd definitely want to stay with a matte finish.

6. sm0 macrumors regular

+100 for the phantom matte. replaced my carbon teksure back with this. very nice.

Also use the SGP oleo. It seems thinner than the Ultra crystal but better quality and easier to get down around the home and ear piece. No probs. The Ultra crystal is also very nice too, if you can get it down nice.

7. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I have the SGP Carbon Back Skin on both my iPad and my iPhone 4.
    I have the Wrapsol on my 3GS, which looks awesome. I might have to get it for the iPhone 4, at some point.

Attached Files:

8. Che Castro macrumors 603

where can i buy the power support crystal back alone?

just the back part

9. chanerz macrumors 6502a

i have power support in the back and covered with case-mate barely there glossy white case.

10. tigert07 macrumors regular

you actually can't but them alone. Only in the 3-piece version of it. You get a crystal, HD anti-glare and the back film for $25 with taxes and shipping of course.

11. Che Castro macrumors 603

see the thing is i already have the SGP Oleophobic on the front , i dont wanna spend $25 for a full package i just need the back :(

12. kim2272 macrumors regular

kim2272

I use sonic screens. On eBay it's just 9.99 shipped and it comes with 2 anti glare screen shields, 2 clear screen shields, and two clear back shields. Great price IMO!!!

13. jouh macrumors member

Do you have a link please?

14. jouh macrumors member

15. c206 macrumors newbie

i am liking the sgp carbon back, but is it true that there is a seperate part for the camera and flash??

Also anyone from the U.K got 1 of these, where did you get it from?

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

I have the SGP leather look skin on the back, with a bumper that keeps it off the table.