How do you protect your iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by red41, Apr 1, 2008.

1. red41 macrumors regular

I am hopefully getting an iphone in June and have been looking into cases and skins for it. The invisible shield looks pretty legit as far as keeping scratches and such off of it. Is there anything else I should look at?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I just protect mine with a simple iPod Video 60GB case and it works great. There are no scratches on the screen and not many on the chrome. I've been using it this way since the iPhone was launched.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I have the "Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone" and it is an absolute brute. Granted the film has some scratches but it has protected the actual screen and withstood some serious beatings. I don't have anything else on my iPhone.

4. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I hated the Invisible Shield. When my phone broke a few weeks ago, I had to take it off. In the light, it had a brown tint to it leading me to conclude that it absorbed grease and dirt over time (I applied it in mid-July.) Now I have an Incase Protective cover. With the new V2 model (case), I've noticed no scratches and it even survived a trip down concrete stairs. With the Invisible Shield, it probably would have broke. Also, no scratches on the screen or back... yet.

5. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

iSkin here I must say I like it a lot. But I also haven't looked into much either.

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Same here. I'm still considering a $35 hard case the guy at the Apple Store had (which had a detachable bottom so you could dock it), but right now I just have the screen cover.

7. mrtravel123 macrumors regular

NOW: Just the plastic sticky cover that goes over the screen. I can't remember which one I got. I think it was like $10k from the online Apple store. (Why so expensive??). There is a new hard-covered case that appeals to me now... just for the sake of added protection. But, I'll just keep mine 90% bare. I really don't like the idea of a bigger phone, changing the overall look of the phone, etc.

When I first got the phone... for protection I....

Added an alarm system to my house with interior motion detection, lasers, heat sensors and much more. Had 3 guard dogs outside the house at night... and then hired Brinks to patrol the neighborhood. This is in addition to a plastic case around the phone... then a feather pillow wrapped around that. Of course, I also had a special cart to wheel the phone around in. Well, I've relaxed a bit since then of course. hahaah Funny how we relax a bit over time. The scratches on the phone... I don't really care now. Just glad that the screen is still in perfect condition really! :)

8. punter macrumors 6502

Nude

I use nothing! I understand why you would use a cover, but my reasoning is I don't want to protect my phone with something that makes it less enjoyable to use. In a case you really don't get the astheticly (sp?) pleasing feel of an apple device.

After two years it will have some scratches, but I'll be definitely getting a new model by then.

I do take care of it though. It's the only item in my pocket, and I don't place it down on any rough surfaces.

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Gawd, don't hold anything back mrat93! LOL

Invisible Shield let's me go NAKED 24/7 and I've dropped it from about shoulder level and it's still tickin'! I still get the occasional fingerprint smudge/smear, but nothing a quick rubdown can't take care of. While riding the Bart Train (2 hours total Mon-Fri) I pop my iPhone into the Belkin Acrylic Clear Case with the stand/clip so that I can watch movies "hands-free" during the roundtrip by placing my iPhone on my briefcase and clipping it in place. :cool:

10. m477h3w macrumors 6502

iPod Sock!

I use an iPod Sock :D and it works really well. Fits like a glove (or should I say sock?!?!) and no scratches since Nov 08. It means the iPhone is protected in my pocket, but naked when I am using it, which is the way I like it :cool:

Also, while I am at work I like to leave the phone on my desk so as not to fry the boys, and I lay it on the sock so the back doesn't get scratched. Genius :D

11. thatdude90210 macrumors member

I'm using a white Incase Slider and a Powersupport antiglare screen protector. It's just too sexy. :)

12. Jayrod macrumors regular

I'm with Punter. I have had my iPhone since launch day (waited in line for 6 hours!!) and I have never used any type of cover or protector, and here we are - almost one year later and there honestly isn't a single scratch anywhere on the screen, the bezel... no scratches anywhere. I avoid blemishes by reserving one pocket solely for my iPhone. I don't put anything else in there with it. The iPhone stands up to scratches pretty well anyway, but I baby my phone big time.

13. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

I think this simple snap-on case is great: Slim Case from Amazon

It protects the back of the phone and adds some grip so the phone doesn't feel like it's going to slip out of my hand. With the phone in this case, it still fits in the iPod case that iBookG4User mentioned. This is a very handy config because you can wrap the ear bud cable around the iPod case and secure it with the belt clip. The whole package still fits comfortably in a pocket.

14. Surely Guest

Surely

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Ditto. No case or screen protector for me either.

However, when I'm at the gym, I use the Marware Premiere CEO beltclip case to protect it from the weights and machines. It's an excellent case and looks great.

15. King t. macrumors regular

i used to have a silicon case, but that made the iphone look so bulky. now I use the full body invisibleshield, and I must say it really is the best thing, as long as u don't intend to drop your iphone. but to protect your iphone from scratches, invisbleshield rocks plus u have lifetime warranty :cool:

16. iphonewiz macrumors regular

I go naked most of the time also. I do, however, carry my ear buds on my key chain using a neat little pouch called a budcase.

Check it out here: budcase.com

17. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Go for the invisible shield -- it's cheap and it works great.

18. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

POWER SUPPLY screen protector as others have mentioned above with antiglare is what i use. i normally carry iPhone bare in a hanky. however day before yesterday was running up escalator in tube station and it dropped out of my jacket pocket - luckily not a single scratch.

19. fteter macrumors member

InCase plus Crystal Film

InCase cover with wrist and arm straps, plus Power Support's Crystal Film. It's only been a few weeks, but so far so good.

20. GT500 macrumors newbie

Vaja iVolution SP . Simpley The Best Case Money Can Buy. Love Mine!

And Only $102 :D

[​IMG]

21. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

i use the crystal case on the iphone with a screen protector. havent got a single scratch in my iphone first time ever a phone of mine not scratched!

22. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko