How do you purchase the new ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by waterheadboy, Apr 14, 2012.

1. waterheadboy macrumors newbie

I'm considering purchasing the new ipad. I have zero experience in this area.
    Does the apple store sell the new ipad with 4LTE? Do I have to go to either Verizon or ATT to purchase the new ipad? Do either of these carriers offer apple care at the time of purchase or is this exclusively through apple?
    Is apple care worth the extra $$? Sorry to be a pain. Any help would be appricated.

2. Snesley Wipes macrumors regular

So you can open a forum account and post, but you can't figure out how to buy an ipad???

3. ewo1992 macrumors regular

ewo1992

Apple will sell you any model iPad. I pre-ordered the iPad 64 gb Verizon 4g from apple. I don't think you can order apple care through the carriers but you can always buy it from apple no matter where you bought your iPad

----------

If you go through the carriers you have to get their 4g model. I think the best way is to get it from apple. If you don't have a store near you, you can order it online from apple with free shipping.

And welcome to macrumors! Just ignore the guy above me.

4. doboy macrumors 68000

Buy directly from Apple store if possible. You can also purchase AppleCare+ from Apple store. Then you sign up for the month to month LTE service on your iPad. DO NOT sign a contract for the LTE service from Best Buy or other retailers.

5. waterheadboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Great. Thank you.

Thank you doboy and ewo1992. I'll head to the apple store. Great to know there are a few helpful folks left.

6. Trey1984 macrumors regular

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Sure you do! You walk into a store, tell the nice man or lady what you you like to buy, and hand over your credit or debit card.

How hard is this?

Yes.

No.

Yes. Make sure though that you are buying AppleCare+ specifically, and not some insurance or other warranty plan that a cell phone store rep might try to sell you in its place. Otherwise It'll likely end up costing more, and you won't be dealing with Apple if you have a problem.

If you buy AppleCare+, you'll get a white box with a red Apple logo that looks something like:
    [​IMG]

If they refuse to give this to you, then pass. You still have 30 days after you buy the iPad to get AppleCare+ directly from Apple (though you'll need to take your iPad to the Apple Store to get looked over).

Honestly, you're better off just buying at an Apple Store from the start, as opposed to a carrier's store.

It depends on how much you will be using it, and how prone you are to accidents. If nothing ever happens to your iPad as long as you own it, then obviously it wasn't worth it. However, it will pay for itself the very first time you crack the screen, or spill water on it, if it fails outside of the one year warranty.

AppleCare+ for the new iPad is $99, plus a $49 charge for replacing an iPad with accidental damage. So, $148. Compare that with $299 for standard out-of-warranty replacement without AppleCare+.

8. kocoman macrumors regular

Has anyone got Verizon iPad shipped into Canada?

9. sekazi macrumors 6502

1. Get a paper bag
    2. Put paper bag on head. Make sure to cut holes out for the eyes.
    3. Walk into a Apple Store
    4. Stick you hand in your shirt and point it at someone
    5. Demand a iPad.
    6. Enjoy your new iPad.

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Next up: How to purchase toilet paper.:D

11. seadragon Contributor

LMAO!!

Oh, don't forget to put an Apple sticker on the paper bag. The iRobber.

12. sinser macrumors 6502a

sinser

Someone should write a tutorial and make it a sticky here.

13. Deceptor macrumors newbie

If you need to ask this question then the ipad is not for you

Move along OP