How do you put home videos on your ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Nightshift1, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Nightshift1 macrumors newbie

seen some guy on youtube with his on it. i have a jvc everio camcorder with a hard drive and only the software that came with it which is called powercinema ne. i've already tried burning my videos to dvd then using a dvd ripper to install to ipod format but i wasn't getting any sound and it was too much of a hassle.

2. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

convert the videos with another program, i use handbrake as a dvd ripper for mac but none i no of good on windows.

3. Nightshift1 thread starter macrumors newbie

what do i use the dvd ripper for?

i have magicdvdripper.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Hmm... handbrake is for windows isnt it? can you connect the camcorder as a hard drive? then you can just drag/drop file on to the desktop

5. Nightshift1 thread starter macrumors newbie

i can't drag and drop the videos but i can put the video files into other folders

6. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

I managed to take a DVD (the Polar Express!), used Handbrake to rip it into a .MP4 format, and then from there just dragged it from my desktop into iTunes and... presto!

Downloaded videos (in .AVI format, for example) are the same thing. iTunes will accept a .MP4 video without a hitch- so use a video converter to take that .AVI into a .MP4 and you should be able to toss it into iTunes and sync with your iPod Touch.