How do you put your 2408WFP in standby?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steffi, Sep 20, 2009.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

For those people using this Dell display how do you put it in a standby yet still leave you MacBook Pro running?

In my case if I switch to a non-existant input on the display it sits in the screensaver continually and never goes to power save mode.

Looking for a way to move it to power save mode without unplugging it from the laptop or putting the laptop to sleep.

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...why do you want/need to do this?

3. 7even macrumors 6502a

I don't have that specific monitor, but I do have a 24" Dell... and to do this I just use the power button.

EDIT: Specifically, the one in the bottom right corner of the screen.

4. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

The 2408WFP has a power safe mode that still powers the USB hub which I'm using at night time when my computer does it's backup. If I press the power button the monitor is switched off. The only way I know to get it to go to power safe mode is to unplug my display port cable.

Even if I switch it to another input say DVI etc the screen saver on the monitor will run all night instead of it going into power save mode.

5. 7even macrumors 6502a

Hmmm... if your laptop sleeps the onboard display, doesn't the Dell go to sleep too? That's how it is with mine (I have the 2407 model). That way the hub is still functional and the computer stays on.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Ctrl + Shift + Eject

And be sure to set computer sleep to 'Never' in the <Energy Saver>