How do you rate your network provider?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by parosser, Sep 22, 2008.

1. parosser macrumors newbie

Just wondering how iPhone users around the world rate their network providers - not in terms of price as there have been lots of discussions already. I'm more interested in service and knowledge.

I'm in NZ and I upgraded to software version 2.1 a week ago. This morning I received a text from Vodafone telling me 2.1 was available. Thanks for the advanced warning! If I have any questions about the iPhone I search these forums first - better than wasting my time phoning Vodafone. But alas, they are a necessary evil as the only provider at the moment.

So I'm curious about how others around the world feel about the service they get.

2. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

Rogers Canada- they try and get every penny out of you! If you ask for a data plan, the rep will say it will be ready to use in 2hrs, you wait for 3hrs and then start using data, only to find an additional $200 data bill on your account because they say the service was ready, just not added to my account! Eventually I got back about $130 but the rest was taken away by a money hungry monopoly gsm carrier in Canada.

3. iGary Guest

iGary

AT&T - The most craptastic service in more places.

4. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

AT&T and we've been happy with it.

No matter where you are there are always going to be people that complain or have trouble so I'd take the responses you get with a grain of salt.

5. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

Couldn't agree more! I wish I'd have stuck with verizon - I had it so good and didn't even know. :mad:

6. iGary Guest

iGary

I hadn't had a dropped call in three years with Verizon. It's an expected reality now.

7. mets1125 macrumors regular

It was the same way for me also. I cant stand the call failed, droped calls and getting messages without missed calls. I would say ATT is not even in the same league with VZ.

8. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

Where I am in FL Verizon has horrific service, in fact its so bad that verizon let me drop them with no early termination fee. At&t however gives me great service where i am. Yes I get dropped calls but at least i can MAKE calls which wouldn't happen with VZW. Also AT&T lets me send text messages over 160 characters out of network which big bad mighty VZW wouldn't do.

My only gripe is that i dont have 3g in my area, it ends about 30 minutes from me

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

All you folks (in the U.S.) who left the CDMA Verizon service for a GSM service kind of make me laugh, because you should have known what you were getting into. Great reception is the whole point of using the older CDMA network...it's older, but's it's EVERYWHERE. That's the trade-off, and it's a pretty darned good trade-off. (Because who cares that it's older?)

As for me, I've always had GSM services going back over 10 years, so AT&T is perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned. Do I get dropped calls? Yes, but they're about the same as what I was getting on T-Mobile. So I'm fine with it.

But the point is, I don't know any better. I'm used to it. For those coming into it fresh, well yeah, I can see how you'd be frustrated!

EDIT: As for scoring:

AT&T with 2.0 = 5 out of 10
    AT&T with 2.1 = 8 out of 10

10. Macsta macrumors member

Macsta

Happy with AT&T, the service is good (where I live anyway) and my bill is always right.

11. djalix macrumors newbie

o2 (UK) 5 out of 10.

The 3G network is sketchy at best. When in London my phone is always jumping between Dot, Edge and 3G and never staying still.

The customer service is rubbish. Most agents read from a script and just want to swap out your phone (x6 for me at the moment). Only reason I have given them 5 out of 10 is that when you do get hold of someone that knows what they are talking about they are very good.

Vodaphone (Greece) 3 out of 10.

This is only because they do not really have any signal problems. If anyone here has been to Greece you know that there are Cell sites all over the place, it's just hard not to get a signal lol.

12. Pandora01 macrumors regular

Rogers (Canada) doesn't know dick about Apple products. Especially the in-store CSRs. Useless people. The call-centre CSRs are slightly better, probably because they have manuals in front of them.

13. mets1125 macrumors regular

I havent used the iphone in Greece but when I go I use cosmote and for the most part do not have any problems. Give them a try next time your there. What part of Greece?