How do you read a fan app?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by a-m-k, Sep 14, 2016.

1. a-m-k macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

Its called Macs fan control. Since I was told (by talking to Mac tech support) to eliminate the one app I didn't have anyway to keep track of anything. All seem great in terms of a cool MBP and the fans are so quiet. I actually have to have my MBP brought up to my ear and complete silence to hear anything. :) I have a feeling that I got all the trouble with my MBP corrected without any professional store help (i.e. The genius bar, the store i go to get things looked at at the spur of the moment, or one of my handful of friends and family who help me when I have a big problem out of the blue.

Thank you again, everybody, you are all awesome!

PS.
    I am pretty sure the app is doing a good job because the bottom of my MBP where it actually will rest on my legs isn't very warm at all. I'll keep an eye on it.

2. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You shouldn't need any kind of an app to control or monitor the fans in your Mac. It's entirely capable of doing all of that on its own.

4. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

I just took this screenshot right now....
    Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 10.53.23 AM.png

5. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

Oww. I put my app on custom
    One fan on the GPU PECI min temp - 70 max - 85
    Another one on the CPU PECI - min 70 - max 87 :D

6. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Umm if you don't know how to use that app properly then it doesn't really benefit you, just let the fan controller deal with it. You won't screw anything up by playing around with it (that I'm aware but people have surprised me) but the reason most people get a mac is so they don't have to deal with stuff like this.