How do you remove app,s from an iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mantaray7, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Mantaray7 macrumors newbie

I went to the apps store on my iTouch and found a few of the free aps
    and downloaded them with the iTouch just to try them out. they worked the day they were installed, but now when I tap on them they open and shut down.
    I want to remove them but I cannot seem to find a way to do that.
    I have my iTouch hooked up to my iMac and I found the aps in iTunes.
    when I put the cursor over them they highlight and have an X in the upper right hand corner, I click the X and the icon is deleted, but when I sync
    the iTouch all the aps I deleted from the itunes apps menu pop back onto the list :confused:

Long story short, How do I permanently remove these aps.

Thanks in advance

2. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Your initial problem is a widespread one which, I believe, is fixed by resyncing.

As for the app removal: when you delete the app from iTunes and then resync, iTunes looks at your iPod and notices apps that are not on the computer. So it tries to do you a favor by copying over the app. So when you buy an app on the iPod, it automatically is transferred to iTunes when you sync.

Now if you want to delete the app permanently, the easiest way is to delete it from the iPod itself. On the iPod, hold your finger on an icon. After a second or so, the icons will start wiggling and Xes will appear. Tap the X to delete. You can also drag icons to rearrange them as they are wiggling. When you are done, press the home button.

Good luck!

3. Mantaray7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Removing apps, I just figured it out

Never mind,, I just figured it out :D:D

Thanks Sijmen, I did just that.

So is it better to get your aps thru iTunes then put them on the iTouch
    instead of getting the with the iTouch.

O does it matter

Thanks again

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I find it more stable to get them on iTunes, but if you get them on the Touch, just make sure when you reconnect to iTunes, the first thing you do is right-click on your Touch icon and "transfer purchases." That should copy your apps to your computer and keep the odd glitches away. Oh, and make sure your iTunes is both logged in and authorized with your iTunes account.