How do you remove existing wallpaper?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Orawalie, Aug 26, 2008.

1. iFerd macrumors 6502a

Well, how about going into Settings > Wallpaper? Then you pick another one from the supplied wallpaper images or from one of your stored photos.

2. Orawalie thread starter macrumors newbie

What if I no longer want any wallpaper on home screen? How do I remove the current wallpaper and not choose a new one?

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Could you be a little more vague please????

What exactly are you talking about?

4. Orawalie thread starter macrumors newbie

Well...

I have picked an image from the iPhone wallpaper collection to be the wallpaper background (the wallpaper shows up when unlocking the iPhone). If I decide not to have a wallpaper image any more and want to remove it altogether, what should I do?

Is it more specific at all? Thanks.

5. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Create a solid black image and choose that as your wallpaper.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Addendum: Damage incurred by water and knife are not covered by AppleCare.

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Ok, I was confused because you said "home screen" which made me think you had a jailbroken phone, in which case more details were definitely necessary. but I get what you are saying now.

What do you mean by "no wallpaper"? Do you just want it to be black? If so, then do as Trajectory said and make a blank picture (just a solid black rectangle) and set that as your wallpaper. The default (i.e. when you get the phone what the wall paper is set to) is the picture of the earth. If that's what you mean then you can go into settings and find the pre-loaded wallpapers that way and set it.

8. Orawalie thread starter macrumors newbie