Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirstielawrence

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2013
Northamptonshire
Hi there,

I had to replace my IP5s, i removed it from the find my iPhone, iTunes and wiped it etc, but it still shows up on under "my devices" in iCloud.

Any idea how to remove it? There is no obvious button.

My IP6 comes next week so that will be on the list too then, along with two IP5s.

Cheers, K

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
After 90 days, old devices will disappear. My old iPhone 5 and iPad mini (which I had sold) used to show up but now they don't.

Interesting, thanks. My "old device' is an iPad Mini I gave to my son when I got an iPhone 6+. Ninety days are up soon.

As a matter of interest, where did you learn this? I have never seen it stated before.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Interesting, thanks. My "old device' is an iPad Mini I gave to my son when I got an iPhone 6+. Ninety days are up soon.

As a matter of interest, where did you learn this? I have never seen it stated before.

I read it on an Apple Support thread. You can de-associate and re-associate devices on iTunes every 90 days. That is, if you associated an iPhone with iTunes account X, you have to wait 90 days before you can associate that same iPhone with a different iTunes account. iCloud works somewhat the same way. If iCloud doesn't hear from that device after 90 days, it will assume the device is no longer in issue with that account. Realistically, if you were using that device with iCloud, you'd have some activity in a 90 day period. Also, iCloud and devices associated with that iCloud have a connection and if iCloud can't establish that connection at least once within 90 days, it will essentially remove the device listing.

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
I read it on an Apple Support thread. You can de-associate and re-associate devices on iTunes every 90 days. That is, if you associated an iPhone with iTunes account X, you have to wait 90 days before you can associate that same iPhone with a different iTunes account. iCloud works somewhat the same way. If iCloud doesn't hear from that device after 90 days, it will assume the device is no longer in issue with that account. Realistically, if you were using that device with iCloud, you'd have some activity in a 90 day period. Also, iCloud and devices associated with that iCloud have a connection and if iCloud can't establish that connection at least once within 90 days, it will essentially remove the device listing.

Thanks, I hope you are right:)!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.