How do you remove the entire top half of your mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dsprimal, Jun 9, 2010.

1. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

I've searched everywhere, and i can't find a thread or video about removing the whole top portion of the mbp off. all i have found was how to replace the screen, but not the actual top with the hinge etc. when i close my mbp, the top part isn't aligned properly. the right corner of the bottom half of the unibody shows, while the left corner has a portion of the top portion overlaying the botom portion.

hopefully that makes sense. is it hard to remove the whole top? how do u do it? is it worth risking my warranty?

thanks all!

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Since you are still under warranty, why don't you let Apple fix it? Unless you don't live near an Apple store, I don't see why you would be trying to fix it yourself.

3. dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

thanks! looking into it now.

its so minimal that i don't feel like looking foolish bringing up sucha small defect to the genius bar, while the next person over has a smoking mbp or something lol. depending on how easy it will be to do it myself, i may consider doing so.

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

"Looking foolish?" People have gone in with pettier problems. I'm pretty sure it's a minor adjustment, having seen someone else's thread with the same problem not too long ago, but I still stand by my earlier post.