How do you replace your MBP battery?

FooArk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
I have a 2009 model. IT is telling me I have to replace my battery soon. How long would this take? I dont have a warranty, so can I just go to the Apple Store?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I have a 2009 model. IT is telling me I have to replace my battery soon. How long would this take? I dont have a warranty, so can I just go to the Apple Store?
Yes, you can take it to Apple, but first check its health, rather than depend on IT to tell you if you need to replace it. Use iStat Pro (free) or iStat Menus ($16) to get accurate readings of your battery, temps, fan speeds and much more.

Replacing the Battery in your MacBook (Models with built-in batteries)

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions:

FooArk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
its at 57%...

How long would it take for Apple to replace it? Is it a same-day type of thing?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
its at 57%...

How long would it take for Apple to replace it? Is it a same-day type of thing?
It should be. I'd call ahead and make sure they have the replacement in stock. From the link I posted:
How long will battery replacement service take?
Length of time to complete the battery replacement will depend upon the repair location and availability of service stock. In general, the following replacement times apply:

Apple Retail Store
Depending on inventory availability this may be replaced the same day. Make a reservation to meet us at the Genius Bar.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Apple usually has these things in stock. It should not take more than a day, but if they are very busy or out of stock on the battery it may take a few days.