How do you report members?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Jnesbitt82, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Jnesbitt82 macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

I'm curious. I found several threads earlier tonight that always has the same two forum members in it. The first one asks an overly complicated question or issue then the second member responds by recommending a service with links. It's obvious they are the same person and both accounts are new. Just curious how to report stuff like that for review?

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 10.55.36 PM.png

OR

https://forums.macrumors.com/misc/contact/

3. Jnesbitt82 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

4. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Since this has come up, I'll just mention that for time-sensitive issues - such as an ongoing situation - the post report function can be more efficient. Contacts can take up to a few days to answer, or even longer if the issue is complicated. Post reports are often dealt with quickly.

Post reports have a field where users can add information. So in a case like the one you bring up, a user could for example report one member's post, and add the URL to the other user.

Contacts are well-suited to questions about specific moderation, or technical issues with the site that have to do specifically with your account. Or anything else that's not suitable for a public thread, for that matter.

It's not that one way is right and one way is wrong, and we're happy to get help no matter how it comes! I just thought I'd explain a bit about the difference in how and when when things are dealt with.

This info isn't specifically posted for you, @Jnesbitt82, just as general info since it came up!

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Useful to know.

In general, I just report posts - usually spam style posts - rather than reporting members who make the posts.