How do you return to pre-MobileMe Synching?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by CD3660, Aug 11, 2008.

1. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

After trying MobileMe for a fortnight and finding that Contacts and Calendar entries on the cloud would not synch to my iPhone, not to mention a variety of other general problems, I've decided to close my account and take another look when MobileMe is no longer beta software (perhaps another six months or so).

I want to return to traditional synching via iTunes but iTunes still says that my contacts and calendar are being synched over the air by MobileMe (which they are not) even though I have closed the account and deleted it from my iPhone.

I've tried installing a fresh copy of iTunes but that doesn't work.

I'd be really grateful for some help on this.

2. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

OK, I spoke to Support via the chat system, and I'm posting the solution to help anyone else who may encounter the same problem.

If you are leaving MobileMe make sure you have a back-up of your contacts, calendar etc., and change the settings on your iPhone so that it is not synching with MobileMe BEFORE you quit your MobileMe account.

I had to set up a second account in a different user name to get another MobileMe Free Trial just to get back into the system to stop 'over the air synching', then replace all my info because when you stop OTA synching MobileMe kindly wipes all your contacts and calendars! Nice touch eh!