Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Incredible

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Southern California
I used to know how to do this. I have over 90+ dvds, and I want to rip them to my computer before selling them. (need the cash).

I inserted "10 things i hate about you", but I'm not sure which file to click on to rip.

Help please.

bigpatky

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
I used to know how to do this. I have over 90+ dvds, and I want to rip them to my computer before selling them. (need the cash).

I inserted "10 things i hate about you", but I'm not sure which file to click on to rip.

Help please.

MPAA is currently on their way to your house.

Mr. Incredible

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Southern California

Does File size matter?
There is over a dozen files. There is a Video_TS.VOB folder, has 7.4 MB. but there is also a VTS_03_4.VOB which is 1.07 GB. After the Video_TS folder, the rest of the folders are named VTS followed by some numbers.

Do I just click on Video_TS for every regular dvd rip?

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Does File size matter?

When you load the DVD into Handbrake, it will provide a list of "titles". Usually the first title is the movie, but you want to select the one that has the longest run time. Then use the Preview function to ensure that the file is actually the movie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.