How do you scroll?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sportdan31, Sep 6, 2012.

1. sportdan31 macrumors member

I've always used my ipad horizontally. The font is bigger, and the Smart Cover makes it more accessible to scroll this way.nn

However, this evening I was playing around and kind of liked the book style while I was on Facebook, ESPN, CNN, etc. I just can't seeme to get over the small print though. I know you can use your fingers and increase the size, but then you lose space on the sides. Is there function or way to lock in a particular font? If not, then I'm afraid this will be short lasted.

So, what is your preference?

2. SlyMac macrumors 6502

I use landscape most of th time. I'll use portrait only if I'm reading or the app I'm using requires it.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I read more in portrait because the smart cover makes it easy to hold with one hand.

4. tann macrumors 68000

usually use my ipad while on my bed (lol) so have it on my knees as I sit back in landscape. Or against a pillow.

But I like using it in portrait when I am using it one handed, mainly because of the reason someone above mentioned where the smart cover made it easier to hold :)

5. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I use it in potrait most of the time. I prefer holding it in my left hand to keep my right hand free to scroll. If I set it on a table/desk then it'll be in landscape mode. I really like how versatile it is depending on the scenario