How do you secure your MBP with retina display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eudreamality, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Eudreamality macrumors newbie

There is no traditional security slot in the beautiful laptop. What do you guys do to keep your MBPR safe?:apple:

2. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Keep it with me at all times. If I am going away from my desk, it goes in my backpack and comes with me.

3. MacInTO macrumors 65816

MacInTO

4. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

It begs the question.. to what environments are you taking your rMBP that it needs securing?

5. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Anywhere outside of your own house!

6. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

Haha the only place I've ever worried about it has been when I go work in a local library and have to use the bathroom. I ask the person next to me to watch it for a few minutes. And thanks for answering my question about TM backup yesterday!

7. campyguy macrumors 68040

My initial security step is to just look imposing. Being 6'7" and 260# and using the common sense most Manhattanites have doesn't hurt at all. Nobody's made a wise crack to me in public for 30 years.

Next is the "Protected by Smith & Wesson" sticker on my car's bumper.

That's pretty much it.

8. SkimMilk168 macrumors regular

I chanced upon this yesterday and I think it's a good to have for any mac owners. ;)

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It stays with me when I travel. If its not convenient its stays in the hotel and so far I've not had any issues doing that.

10. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

It's either with me in my backpack or left at home. Sometimes in my car if I won't be gone long. Usually when I leave school and run some errands before going home.

I had one of those Kensington locks for my 09 MBP when I first went away to college and ended up not using it after my parents dropped me off. I couldn't get it to work right, and I had s drawer in my built in dresser I could padlock if i really didn't want my roommate getting into things.

11. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

The workplace, where IT Security requires that all laptops are secured to the desk with a lock. I imagine many workplaces are like that. This is not an unusual situation.