How do you select paper type and print quality on mac leopard for the canon IP4500

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gazy1344, May 19, 2008.

1. gazy1344 macrumors newbie

Dear,

I am new to mac and I am facing a bit of a problem here. I have connected my printer (A canon IP4500) to my macbook pro running leopard via a USB cable, I have managed to print documents and photos very easily using the print menu in Word 2008. However, on my PC I used to be able to select with color profile to use and which print quality, if i wanted to reverse print, ...

However, I cannot seem to find this on the mac. Maybe I am just stupid but it doesn't seem to be obvious, at least to me.

I hope someone can help me with this problem because it is driving me mad.

I would like to thank you all in advance.

Gary

PS: I have downloaded a driver from canon and installed it and then restarted the mac but nothing seems to happen.

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

First, make sure the Print Dialog box is expanded (the triangle next to the printer name should point down). Next, look for a pull-down menu somewhere near the page orientation icons. All of the options are listed here.

3. gazy1344 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey,

Thank you sooooo much, you save me a fortune in ink and a few trees with your help. As I presumed it was dead obvious but not for my "Window" Blindness.

Thanks again

Gary

PS: I am sure this topic will help others from the darkside.