How do you send bluetooth texts on Motorazr?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sawmaster, Oct 22, 2008.

1. sawmaster macrumors regular

My family ALL have alltel phones. Some have the new Motorazr. Since they have bluetooth on there, and I have bluetooth on my computer, is it possible to send texts? I really want to text them. I tried sending them .txt files and it didn't work. I'm running Mac OS X v10.4.11 and a MacBook. I also wanted to know if I could video message them. I can recive videos they send me, and play them. But I can't record in 3g2 format. I record in .mov format. I tried sending one in .mov but it failed. Please help!

Original Question by me on Yahoo! Answers.

2. Kane.Elson macrumors regular

There is no built in functionality for texts in the bluetooth protocol and I have not heard of a phone company adding an application to do it to their phones.

The most compatible way to send messages via bluetooth is to create a contact card and type your message into it and then send the person the contact card. There are also applications that automate the process... but overall it's not worth the effort considering the range of bluetooth.... the only time I have done it is to talk to strangers on the bus :p

3. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Seriously, if you're within bluetooth range, that means they're probably standing in the room with you. Why text them?

The only thing I'm aware of regarding bluetooth and text messaging is the ability to type the messages on your computer and send them VIA bluetooth to your phone which then sends them off as a regular SMS. I think BluePhoneElite can do this.

4. sawmaster thread starter macrumors regular

lol

I've heard of people on TV sending messages via bluetooth.