How do you send group text message?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonepimp2, Nov 25, 2010.

1. iphonepimp2 macrumors newbie

Can I select groups and send one text message to all?

2. shandyman Suspended

the only way to send a group one is to add each person manually. no groups yet.

give it 10 mins and someone will jump on tellin you to jailbreak and what to do tho.

3. rusbo.uk macrumors newbie

I think its been more than 10 mins...! :D

4. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

What Andy said. Just create a message and then add each person you want to send it to.

Then in the future, you can always go back into this message history and send another message to them all again without having to re-add them again.

You can create several "Groups" this way. Although you're not really saving the group listing, you're just using the message history to keep the list.

5. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

That would be a great feature-to be able to select a subset of your address book and send a message to all the people on that list.

6. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

Be careful with groups texts - a friend of mine sent me a group text and I could see every recipient and I was able to respond to all of them. He was using a 3G and I have a 4, but I don't see why that would matter. In any case, it was weird.

7. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

That's how it is supposed to work. It's the same as sending an email to a group and doing a 'reply all'.

I use group messaging all the time, mostly to schedule vacations or tee times. That way you don't have to go to each person in messaging and repeat everything.

8. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Can you get us a tee time for next Saturday, say around 10AM. It should be back up in the high 70's by then. :D

9. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

But group texting sucks because sometimes you are added to a group text with people you dont know and when you respond they text you back with "do I know you"

10. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

What phones treat them like a group email and show receipents? I've never seen it on any of my phones (when I knew a mass message was sent out).

11. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

MMS works more like email so any MMS sent to multiple people would likely show everyone it was sent to.

A regular text message (SMS) doesn't have the concept of multiple recipients.

12. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I use an app from the App Store called ABContacts. I forget how much it costs but it works great. I'm able to create groups and send text messages, emails, etc. to those contacts in the groups in one fell swoop. This app has pretty much replaced the stock contacts app for my usage. I have many contacts in many different groups for school and work so this app has been a great investment.