Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shibony

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2010
Without using redsnow, I've been searching for this a long time and that would be awesome if someone could share how to do it because all I could find were forums/sites complaining about iPhone 3G not getting homescreeen but not showing how to do it. Thanks :)

shibony

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2010
They aren't showing how to do it, because the 3G doesn't support it without a jailbreak. Jailbreak and use Winterboard.

I already use winterboard but don't like any if the themes and it is such a hassle looking for new ones. That's why I would like to use wallpapers only now.

No, jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.5 and check the check box to enable native homescreen wallpapers.

Thanks but I tried that but it makes the iPhone slower. But just wondering though would that clear the things in my phone if I did tht?

Last edited by a moderator:

STravisC

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2010
I tried it enabling homescreen walls when jailbraking my 3g and it slowed it down a LOT...So i restored and JailBroke withOUT Homescreen wallpaper's...And got iFile...MUCH BETTER!!!

shibony

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2010
I tried it enabling homescreen walls when jailbraking my 3g and it slowed it down a LOT...So i restored and JailBroke withOUT Homescreen wallpaper's...And got iFile...MUCH BETTER!!!

Thanks it does make it slower. And do you have to pay for ifile?

Download iFile from Cydia, After you do that ill help you.

Thanks but do you have to pay for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.