How do you set the default date to the ISO 8601 date standard?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by mcc, May 25, 2015.

1. mcc macrumors member

I have been using the ISO 8601 standard date format long before the standard was published in 1988. I have changed the date formats to the ISO 8601 standard in Language & Region since I switched to using Apple systems.

I have been tracking down a problem with a third-party application that normally displays dates in the YYYY-MM-DD format as I have configured them but will on some functions switch to using a M/D/YYYY format.

I noticed that the Date & Time preference pane always uses a M/D/YYYY format when displaying the current date above the calendar and ignores the date format set under Language & Regions. The only way to change how the date is displayed above the calendar to YYYY-MM-DD is to change my location from the United States to Canada.

When I do this the date problems with the third-party application disappears.

Is there a way to force the use of the ISO 8601 date standard without switching my location to Canada?

2. PsyOpWarlord macrumors 6502

PsyOpWarlord

I use iStats Menus. It allows you to make the time/date display however you want. you can most the pre-defined blocks around and even add your own text/characters..

http://bjango.com/mac/istatmenus/

Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 11.36.59 PM.png