How do you set your AirDrop photo in iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by that1guystudios, Jul 27, 2013.

1. that1guystudios macrumors newbie

Whenever I go to use airdrop I have a photo and a name assigned to my phone that shows up on other people's phones. When I see my co-workers, they all have photos and I can see their names clearly, but mine just shows a gray circle.

How do you edit the photo and username associated with your phone that others see on their screen when using airdrop?

2. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

Make contact of yourself and add a photo to that contact and make the contact default of my info, settings, mail contacts calendars and click my info and select you and try add a nickname to that contact and that might show in airdrop or your full name

3. that1guystudios thread starter macrumors newbie

I tries the steps above before. It doesn't seem to pick up on my info for my picture. I've changed it twice and it still doesn't show anything. Also the name of your profile seems tied directly to what you name your iPhone itself. But when I change the name of the iPhone it still remains the same in airdrop. Probably a glitch that will iron itself out hopefully before the golden master.

4. that1guystudios thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone figure out how to do this in any version of the beta? The previous suggestions didn't work for myself or any of my other developer friends.

5. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Like what your friends see when they receive a call from you. Its going to be based on their address book, not yours.

6. that1guystudios thread starter macrumors newbie

It shouldn't be. I can see other people who aren't in my contacts if I select "everyone". It displays the name of the phone. For example mine is called "that1guy's iPhone 5" and then a blank picture. One of my developer friends shows up but with a different picture than the one I saved for his contact info.
    He also wants to know how to reset his!

7. dusters711 macrumors regular

Has anyone figured this out? I set my picture in my contacts but it just shows my initials. What am I missing? It's probably something so easy.