How do you set your iphone up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saladiro, Jul 18, 2008.

1. saladiro macrumors 6502a

saladiro

this question is primarily driven towards 3G settings

i think its a pretty known fact that 3G can really kill some battery life. as a result of this, I have it tuned off, and then when i go to the web, i go into settings and turn it on. This is definitely time consuming and an inconvenience, and then have to turn it off when I am done. Does anyone share my frustration?

does anyone have a clever way around this?

i love the 3G, but it kills battery, and its kills time to keep turning it on and off...

open to comments and advice:confused:

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i keep 3g off all the time even though i live in a 3G area. at home i use wifi and when out i use edge. i am moving to a city where there is no 3g so i don't even use it where i am now. i also keep brightness down, and GPS off.

i do use the GPS function when driving sometimes, i also use my jawbone 2 on it everyday and use safari quite a bit. as well as few texts. i get a full day out of it.

3. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

I don't like to fuss with settings, turning things off then on then off again. I just make sure I have a place to charge at home, work, and in my car, and frequently do shallow charges of my iPhone. (And LiOn batteries like that sort of charging over deep discharging anyways: I plan on doing one deep discharge every month or so to keep my battery gauge calibrated)

This way I don't have to ever worry about running low on power, and can keep all my settings on all the time.

4. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Hopefully somone will make an app to turn off/on these services (bluetooth,locations,3g, wifi)

5. saladiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

saladiro

thanks all, it appears that we all feel the same frustration, and the problem is there there are so many people saying the right and wrong way to charge a battery (full drain vs incremental charges).....i am going crazy at the point....

anyway.....i am going to roll with the 3g, that is one of the reasons whi i bought the phone, and and charge every night.....

I only wish the makers of the batter could just tell us how, what, when and how long.....
    if anyone doe come across, let me know