Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mistyz23

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2007
open a gagillion different programs then watch a movie in quicktime and show 'em that the video continues to play seamlessly and if you slide the quicktime window around... it slides like butter

mmmm, MBP butter :p

ROFL... Nice.

Vegeta-san

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2006
How do I show it off? I pull it out, leave it closed, and let them get hypnotized by the pulsing light and the sleek body. I've never known a computer to get as much attention as my MBP does....I almost have to tell some guys "This is not a chick...It's just a computer...You do know that right?"

4evaMacnLinux

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
Mac and Linux rules

Show them that windows 7 64bit cannot run snow leopard aha but snow leopard will with parallels desktop 6 :DD.
Ipod Classic 160gb black (Late 2009)
Programs installed on my system as followed...
Acrobat X Pro, Creative Suite 5 Master Collection, Adobe Lightroom 3, Aperture 3, Fission 1.6.10, AppDelete 3.1.5, Mac Blurayripper Pro 1.0.4, Mac Notepad 8, Autocad 2011, Maya 2011, Office 2011 Home and Business, Toast 11 Titanium, Logic Studio 9, Final Cut Studio 3. I did not bought these programs nor it's a trial download. You can say I own them. How? It's a secret LOL.
I love Mac and secondly Linux. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

TheLegend

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2010
Show them that windows 7 64bit cannot run snow leopard aha but snow leopard will with parallels desktop 6 :DD.
Ipod Classic 160gb black (Late 2009)
Programs installed on my system as followed...
Acrobat X Pro, Creative Suite 5 Master Collection, Adobe Lightroom 3, Aperture 3, Fission 1.6.10, AppDelete 3.1.5, Mac Blurayripper Pro 1.0.4, Mac Notepad 8, Autocad 2011, Maya 2011, Office 2011 Home and Business, Toast 11 Titanium, Logic Studio 9, Final Cut Studio 3. I did not bought these programs nor it's a trial download. You can say I own them. How? It's a secret LOL.
I love Mac and secondly Linux. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

This thread was from '07.

*facepalm*

AwakenedLands

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2009
California
I am pretty fond of the trackpad, and most PC users who use my laptop can't figure it out. In fact, I prefer using it over a mouse. Never used a non-mac laptop that had a trackpad I actually wanted to use.

The multi-touch features are great. But the fact it's fairly big AND doesn't get touched accidentally when typing is just as important. My white macbook pre-no-button felt a bit clunky, so perhaps not having an actual button helps too.

I still haven't found a decent trackpad on a laptop that isn't made by Apple. Show me one that's up to the task.

kushed

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
everyones forgetting one H U G E piece of information that sells a LOT OF PEOPLE. mac are so SO SO SO SO less prone to viruses!!!!!!!!!!

GabooN

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2008
Windsor, Ontario

this.

I use plex with my HD tv for all movies and shows other than netflix which I use through my xbox. When I have friends over (non of which have macs, except one with an old imac) they are always like 'What is this!?' and I tell them, and they ask if they can get it on their PC, so I have to tell them there is XBMC but that I'm not sure of the differences since Plex stemmed from it.

I've been thinking of installing windows 7 in parallels 6 on my MBP but I don't have any need for any windows apps. It would be more out of curiosity and nerdiness lol

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
-Max the brightness in a dark room so everyone see's my MacBook's giant glowing apple surrounded by a see of solid aluminum engineering. Yeah that's right you guys with the vaio's and HP's step off my computer is 9x sexier and functional regardless of whether an atomic computer virus were to go off.

-Browse the internet then when I "notice" someone I whip down expose and show off my active video encoding and CS5 individually like its nothing. :D:D

jk I actually turn my brightness down since I don't want to be labeled a tool. But I do have a background of Rosie Jones that usually catches everyone's eyes ;);):D:D

But seriously just using a MacBook or even carrying one is "showing off" these days even though its one of the best selling computers...

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
I typically carry around a lamp with me and when people ask, I just set it up in the "hero" sort of pose and let them ogle (lamp is to get the glass glare effect). Isn't that how it's always done?

overview_gallery1_20110224.png

chedda

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2006
Underwater
stress test

cmd shift a, cmd a, cmd o

Yeah that's all my apps running boom ! then alt tab & expose until they vaporize.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.