How do you stay organized?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Adrian3300, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Adrian3300 macrumors member

I use to try to keep files in specific folders etc. but it really was just the digital version of a shoebox. I have since started using Yojimbo about 6 months ago. I put nearly all my files in it with. Some things I tag but even if I don't, I can do a keyword search and find anything I need pretty quickly. The only feature I still wish it had was OCR support for pdf's. What are you guys/girls doing to stay organized??

2. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

I have 4 hard drive in my computer, if there are files that I want to keep but I am sure I will not use them for a long time, I zip the files and delete the old one. Temporary files go on the desktop, long period temporary have folders. Detailed folders help keep me organized.

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I use very specific and detailed folders in order to stay organized.

As a student, I generally have numerous files that get created, so I organize my folders by the following hierarchy: Documents>School>Semester w/ year>Class Names>Assignments (for large research projects and the like).

It really helps me keep my desktop and folders neat and clean, and it's easy to find anything this way. The trick is you can't let things pile up in one place for too long, or else you'll get lazy to clean it up.